Friday, March 31, 2006

#11

Today is Travis' 11th birthday! Happy Birthday, Travi! I can't believe I have an 11yr. old son. We've been through so much and I am so proud of my little man! Travis is kind, smart, helpful, hard working, compassionate, fun and handsome! He's one that I can always rely on to help me out, and he is so patient with his little sister and brother. He's shaping up to be a great athlete and most importantly a man of God.

I remember when you were a cute, round little baby, you always were smiling, & happy, & would shamelessly flirt w/pretty girls. They could be our waitress at a restaurant or at church, or out at the store, where you always got tons of attention! I had to fight strangers off because they always wanted to hold you. People I didn't know! It would always take me a while to figure out you were sick because you still would be smiling & my only clue was if you got a little fussy. Thank you for being such a good baby and boy. Your first year and a half was tough, and you always knew when your mommy was upset and you would just let me hold you and kiss you and you gave me a reason to keep going and not settle for anything but the best for us.

My prayer for you, Travis, is that you will continue to grow in your relationship with God, first & foremost. I hope that you will continue to excel in school and sports. I hope that this next year will be fun and exciting, and that you will turn to us when things get hard or when you need help & reassurance. I will always love you with all my heart. You are special to me because you are my firstborn son, and I cherish every day that I have to see your beautiful eyes and smile, and of course that cute dimple!

Now a trivia question for my 49er faithful:
The 49ers won 5 Superbowls. Can you name the years & the opponents?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chunk! It's incredibly heartwarming to read about the overwhelming love you have for your kids and your husband. You also manage to incorporate all that while working, exercising and worring about their spiritual being. I deeply respect that quality. Good job!