Sunday, October 01, 2006

Seven

Seven years ago today the Hubbs and I made a lifelong committment to each other.
Seven years ago today, I made the best decision of my life. I married a man who loves me with all his heart. I married a man who puts up with all of my insecurities. I married a man who tolerates my insolence. I married a man who is trustworthy.
We've been through a lot in our seven years of marriage. We are still going through "stuff" and trying to figure things out. We both came into our marriage with a divorce under our belt, financial issues, and we each had a young child. We had a lot to overcome and prove to not only ourselves, but each other, our "friends" and our babies.
Sitting here today, I think we've done pretty good. We pulled ourselves up by the boot straps and our finances look pretty good. We have shown the people who doubted that our marriage would last after only a month of dating, that in fact, it has lasted, and we have stuck together and created a pretty awesome relationship and friendship.
I love my husband now, more than when we first met. He has shown me that I can trust him without a doubt. He has shown me that our family comes first. He has stuck by my side when I made it pretty much impossible.
He is giving and caring, and unselfish. He is an excellent father and role model. He is my best friend.
Thank you baby, for the best years of my life. You keep me on my toes and keep things interesting in life. Thank you for all you've done for me and our family. Thank you for being a friend, a lover, a partner, and my solid source of support.
Thank you for choosing me!