Saturday, May 20, 2006

Live to Ride

Rele and I had eye appts. the other day and we got to go on our Harley! It was so much fun to spend a couple of hours together enjoying our motorcycle. Rele of course gets to ride a lot more often than I do, so it was quite a treat for me. We took the freeway down to the eye Dr. and took a more scenic route on the way home. We did get rained on a bit but it was no big deal.
I think I started my fascination w/motorcycles, especially Harley Davidson when I was a freshman in high school. I even taught Travieso to say, "Live to Ride, Ride to Live," when he could barely say much else. I have always had the Harley "gear" and now, thanks to my wonderful hubby, I have an actual Harley. It does take some getting used to. It's scary to think about all the things that could go wrong. When I first started riding w/him it was hard to get over the fact that you don't get a seatbelt to hold you in, you don't have any doors or roof to help protect you, it's just you and a bike and the open road. I am just thankful that Rele has been kept safe and I am thankful that we have been so blessed. I think there will be more "date BIKE nights" in our future.

No comments: